Top 10 Guerrilla Publicity Hints from this Sunday’s Guest Jill Lublin
This Sunday, Jill Lublin will teach authors how to get known everywhere at our monthly Zoom meeting. To whet your appetite, here’s some advice from her best-selling book, Guerrilla Marketing.
Top 10 Hints from the Best Seller Guerrilla Publicity by Jill Lublin
- Introduce yourself with a sound bite. Few people have time to listen to the full story. Use language that will grab and captivate the media, show them your star potential and make them want to move mountains to advance your career.
- Come from the heart. To successfully promote your product or service: you must honestly believe in what you’re promoting and you can’t fake it.
- Follow-up. The magic formula for getting publicity is follow up, follow up, follow up.
- Find your uniqueness and capitalize on it. Find out what’s unique about you, what distinguishes you, your product, or service from the crowd. Then, come up with clever and unusual ways to tell the world about it.
- Headline tips: Aim for headlines that are clear, concise, and make the reader want more information. Write your headlines after you’ve written the story. Keep them short, no more than one line.
- Get others to spread the word. To build a successful business, you need networks, strategic alliances, etc. to help advance your cause. Everyone you know, hear about, meeting, and do business with is a prospect for your network.
- Speak before groups. Speaking before groups increases your visibility, reputation, and stature in your industry. It establishes you as an authority in your field, draws media attention, and makes you more attractive to potential customers/clients.
- Eat, sleep, and breathe publicity. Publicity never sleeps. It’s an ongoing 24/7 process that never stops. Publicity accompanies you everywhere.
- Media lists. Update your list on an ongoing basis. Unless you keep your list current, you’ll end up wasting time and energy contacting people who have long gone.
- Trade shows and special events. Trade shows, conferences and conventions are prime marketing opportunities because everyone is there to make contacts, talk shop, and do business.
About Jill Lublin
Jill Lublin is an international speaker on the topics of Radical Influence, Publicity, Networking, Kindness and Referrals. She is the author of 4 Best Selling books including Get Noticed…Get Referrals (McGraw Hill) and co-author of Guerrilla Publicity and Networking Magic. Her latest book, Profit of Kindness went #1 in four categories. Jill is a master strategist on how to position your business for more profitability and more visibility in the marketplace. She is CEO of a strategic consulting firm and has over 20 years’ experience working with over 100,000 people plus national and international media. Jill teaches a virtual Publicity Crash Course and consults and speaks all over the world. She also helps authors to create book deals with major publishers and agents, and well as obtain foreign rights deals. Visit publicitycrashcourse.com/freegift and JillLublin.com
(Or go ahead and get your ticket)
This event will take place via Zoom. It’s a great chance to socialize with writers while learning the skills you need for your author career…all without the requirement of pants!
$5 for members $10 non-members (sliding scale!)
Karma is president and web mistress for the Berkeley California Writers Club. She runs Future Is Fiction Communications, where she helps authors and other creatives spread the word about their projects. She writes poetry, and essays. She loves writing about music and politics.