One Day Left on Auction Items!
Our book auction ends at the end of the month, when we hope to write a big fat check to one of our writers of color who is facing homelessness because of the Covid crisis. Please bid TODAY on one or more of these seven great “book bundles” at this link: https://cwc-berkeley.org/auctions/
- “Words and Images” – books by Dirk Wales, Fred Dodsworth, and Jan Steckel
- “Power” – books by Mike Verant, Kristen Caven, Gini Graham Scott, and Henry Hitz
- “Short Stories” – books by Tim Jollymore, Henry Hitz, Penn Hughes, and Dirk Wales
- “Unexpected Women” – books by Kristen Caven, Jan Steckel, and JoAnn Smith Ainsworth
- “Writer Protaganists” – books by Tim Jollymore, Dirk Wales
- “Suspense” – books by JoAnn Smith Ainsworth, Gary Durbin, and Tim Jollymore
Congratulations to Rebecca D’Harlingue for winning the high bid on our “Black Voices Matter” bundle – with books by Francine Howard, September Williams, Mark Sneed and Henry Hitz. This auction ended early due to us being learners with this new technology!
THE CALIFORNIA WRITERS CLUB was started by a group of writing professionals in the early 1900s. The Berkeley Branch is the founding branch of the statewide Club, which now has 19 branches and around 2000 members throughout California. We are the third oldest writers’ club in the country, currently celebrating our 100th year serving Bay Area writers.
The CWC is a nonprofit professional organization open to writers in every genre and at every level of experience, from novice to published. Our purpose is to promote fellowship and to provide practical information that supports all members in achieving their publishing goals.
We offer or have offered meetings, speakers support/critique groups, a newsletter, writing contests, a chapbook, readings, and workshops.