We hope everyone is planning on joining us this Sunday for our first annual open house, celebrating California Writers Week and featuring our statewide tradition of Literary Desserts!
On the lineup of local writers, we will feature our members:
- Judy Newton, reading from her new memoir A Taste of Home;
- Liz Wagele on mineral water and salt;
- Gurnam Brard with a flavorful excerpt from East of Indus;
- Lucille Bellucci on Brazilian food;
- David Simmons with a wild story about a haggis hunt;
- Tanya Grove reading from Debby Frisch’s A Mango for the Teacher;
- and Kristen Caven, our emcee, on Vintage Cookbooks.
We will also have a reading by our special guest William Rodarmor, editor of A French Feast.
There are a few spots open for members and local food writers! Please sign up to read here.
Please bring a dessert to share, preferably with a literary theme! We will be giving out prizes for creativity, and our celebrity food judge, Stan Dodson, will be giving a prize from La Farine Bakery.
For more information click HERE!