Dear Writing Friends,
We hope you can join us this Sunday, January 15, for the launch of two CWC Programs at the Oakland Main Library. Visit our website – ww.cwc-berkeley.com – for flyers (some times have changed) and more information.
- Jennifer Basye Sander, best-selling author of The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Getting Published will help us jump-start our publishing goals by speaking on “How to Create Best-selling Book Ideas.” A great beginning for the New Year at the Oakland Public Library.
- Sunday, January 15, also marks the first day of the submission window for the 26th Fifth-Grade Story Contest.
At 2 p.m., networking and socializing begins; our meeting starts at 2:30 p.m., right before the speaker is introduced.
Save these February and March dates (and sign up in advance for the workshops)
- Saturday, February 4, Sascha Illyvich will lead a three-hour workshop in Alameda on “Writing from the Male Point of View.” A “hot” topic for the Valentine Day month.
- Sunday, February 19, Fred Setterberg, Oakland author of Lunch Bucket Paradise, A True-Life Novel, will speak on “Writing a True Life Novel” at the Oakland Main Library. (See a review on page 20 of the January/February 2012 Oakland magazine.)
- Saturday, March 3, Write-A-Thon in Alameda (changed to April 7)
- Thursday, March 15, End of the Fifth-Grade Story Contest Submission Window
- Sunday, March 18, Speaker Program at the Oakland Public Library
Come write with us!
— Linda Brown, President, California Writers Club, Berkeley Branch