See you on Sunday! + Mark your Calendars for CWC Events…
Dear Writing Friends,
We hope you can join us this Sunday, January 15, for the launch of two CWC Programs at the Oakland Main Library. Visit our website – ww.cwc-berkeley.com – for flyers (some times have changed) and more information.
- Jennifer Basye Sander, best-selling author of The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Getting Published will help us jump-start our publishing goals by speaking on “How to Create Best-selling Book Ideas.” A great beginning for the New Year at the Oakland Public Library.
- Sunday, January 15, also marks the first day of the submission window for the 26th Fifth-Grade Story Contest.
At 2 p.m., networking and socializing begins; our meeting starts at 2:30 p.m., right before the speaker is introduced.
Save these February and March dates (and sign up in advance for the workshops)
- Saturday, February 4, Sascha Illyvich will lead a three-hour workshop in Alameda on “Writing from the Male Point of View.” A “hot” topic for the Valentine Day month.
- Sunday, February 19, Fred Setterberg, Oakland author of Lunch Bucket Paradise, A True-Life Novel, will speak on “Writing a True Life Novel” at the Oakland Main Library. (See a review on page 20 of the January/February 2012 Oakland magazine.)
- Saturday, March 3, Write-A-Thon in Alameda (changed to April 7)
- Thursday, March 15, End of the Fifth-Grade Story Contest Submission Window
- Sunday, March 18, Speaker Program at the Oakland Public Library
Come write with us!
— Linda Brown, President, California Writers Club, Berkeley Branch