April 18th Join Emily Cotler on Author Websites that Really Work
Your website is the only place online where YOU control the narrative. It’s the definitive word on your career, and this month’s speaker will help you make it the best it can be. Emily Cotler, founder and creative director of Waxcreative Designs, which boasts over 100 acclaimed author websites, shares best practices of a high-end author website service that can help any author. Emily will help attendees understand:
- The subtle interplay of social media and websites
- How a trustworthy website is about both content and timing
- When traditional or self-published authors should create DIY websites
- The challenges and joys of WordPress themes
- Why a long-term relationship with your web designer is ideal.
- Why you should have an FAQ and book extras, and
- How your website can make readers feel better and like you more.
About Emily Cotler
Even though Emily Cotler has been creating websites for over two decades, she is best known right now as the sister of Julia Quinn, whose Bridgerton books are the latest Netflix hit. Her company, Waxcreative Designs, is a leading, high-end, full service support graphic design service for authors, offering everything from branding to print media to book covers to websites and everything in between. The author of Web ReDesign: Workflow that Works, which has been translated into 14 languages, Emily is a sought-after speaker who helps authors take control of both the user and client sides of their business and find messaging that works. Learn more about her at waxcreative.com
Admission is $5 for members, $10 for non-members. Hardship pricing is available.
12:00 Club leaders check-in
12:30 Networking in breakout rooms with members & guests
1:30 Featured Member Jane Glendinning
1:45 Keynote Speaker Emily Cotler
2:30 Book Sales & Networking
3:00 – 4:00 Marketing Success Group*
4:00 – 5:00 Craft Group
*members only; guests may sit in
See meetings for more info.